Thank you, Christine, for the latest request! She asks:
"I'm looking for fashion ideas from Reese and Gwyneth. Going for a modern classic look, what designers and stores should I be looking to for inspiration?"

Well - "modern classic" sings J. Crew and Banana Republic (which, unlike previous years, is putting out some really great stuff) - also brands like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Loeffler Randall, Cardigan by Lynne Hiriak and Vince. I highly recommend Dish in Hayes Valley (San Francisco) for some great pieces.

If you're going for Reese's look, you're already 90% there - in fact, I bet you already own a lot of the things in her closet. She's a always chic, but simple and comfortable with lots of layers. Think cardigan/blazer+dress+belt+shades. I threw together a few shots of her here courtesy of Google Image. (just click on the picture to zoom)


Gwyneth's style is a bit more structured and tailored. Think beautiful wool coats, lots of cream, taupe and black, straight leg pants, heels... A few brands that come to mind: rag & bone, Rachel Roy, Preen (see previous post, Designer Spotlight: Preen) and Ever.


Try to copy a few of these pictures and I bet you can without buying a thing. When you do hit the stores, maybe ask yourself "Can I imagine Reese/Gwyn wearing this?" and "If I do see her wearing this in a magazine, would I notice and wish I had my own?" In other words, WWRD/WWGD.

Here are a few Gwyn/Reese-friendly options. Gold aviators not optional.


Dolce & Gabbana Gold Aviators at Sunglass Hut ($260)


camilla and marc Charity Pleated Dress in Creme at Revolve Clothing ($490)


Treesje Stone Shine Leather 'Cypress' Medium Shoulder Bag at Bluefly ($334.05 with 15% today!)


Rag & Bone Contour Dress at shopbop (on sale for $297.50)


Ever Dakhla Blazer at shopbop ($275)


Ever Marsa Kimono Dress at shopbop ($308)


Marc by Marc Jacobs Felted Wool Long Military Coat at Bloomingdales ($568)


Nanette Lepore Brat Pack Coat at Bergdorf Goodman (on sale for $259)

1 comments

AlexRayner said... @ December 23, 2009 at 11:28 AM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment